So tasty any time! These are simple, cheap, and quick to make with the possibility of endless variations. Try with other dried fruit and nuts? Or leave them out and dip in melted choc once they’ve cooled a little? So many choices.
I made these for what should be called #runningclubcakefest2017 and they went down a treat.
Given them a try and let you know if you do a variation on this.
1 tbsp of runny honey and another of golden syrup
350g porridge oats – just used plain oats here, not the giant ones
100g sultanas,raisins or currants
50g chopped nuts/seeds – I used a mixture of sunflower, pumpkin, and sesame seeds with a few pine nuts thrown on.
- Grease a baking tin with a little butter
- Turn on the oven to 180 C/350F/gas mark
- Put the butter, sugar and honey and golden syrup in the pan over a low heat and stir until melted
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in the porridge oats and fruit and nuts, mixing well
- Spread the mixture into the tin and press it down well with the spoon
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Cut into 12 or 24 bite size pieces and leave to cool completely in the tin
Adapted from BBC GoodFood