I’ve started the year off well. My second only parkrun, improving my time from mid-2012 by almost 8 minutes! I’m not a fast runner and I certainly wasn’t when I started but I’m really happy to see how far I’ve come.
It’s not always been easy and none of it has come naturally never having been a runner up until a few years ago.
My goals for the year are to get a little more organised with running and do more races. I don’t really like races, but for me it is a great motivator.
So far for 2015, I’ve got quite a lot in store:
- Jan – New Year’s day – Parkrun
- Jan – Tadworth 10 – a 10 mile race with a mix on on-road and gravel;
- March – Paddock Wood – a half marathon through the hop fields and orchards of Kent; and my first half marathon!
- April – Rotterdam Marathon – my second. I know in a few months I’ll be thinking Why oh why did I sign up for another one.
- May – Hackney Half – does what it says, it’s a half marathon.
I’ll let you know how I get on.
And I want to meet lots more people doing amazing stuff running – whether it’s doing ultras, seeing amazing places, achieving and exceeding their own personal goals, running just for the fun of it.
And for this bogs – lots more to share including tasty recipes!
So a very happy New Year!